Flourless Chocolate Coffee Cake
A tasty protein twist on a flourless chocolate cake. With the bold chocolate flavour, melt-in-your-mouth texture, and a hint of coffee - chocolate lovers will adore this dessert!
1½ cups almond meal
½ cup Creamy Cappuccino Clean Lean Protein
180g dark chocolate, chopped
2 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
4 eggs, separated
1 cup caster sugar
1 tsp instant coffee powder
¼ cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180¬∞C (160¬∞C fan forced)
- Grease a 6cm deep, 22cm round spring form cake tin and line sides and base with baking paper.
- Place coffee powder and boiling water in a small, heat proof bowl and stir until dissolved. ¬†Add butter, chocolate, cocoa powder and coffee mixture to a medium saucepan over a low heat and stir constantly until melted and combined, about 2-3 mins. ¬†Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl and cool slightly.
- Use an electric beater to beat egg yolks and sugar together until thick, about 5 mins, and set aside.
- Thoroughly clean and dry your beaters and then beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add chocolate mixture, almond meal and protein to the egg yolk and sugar mixture. ¬†Using a large metal spoon, gently fold half of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture. ¬†Repeat with remaining egg whites.
- Pour entire mixture into prepared tin and bake for 40-45 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out with moist crumbs clinging. ¬†Cool the cake completely in the pan.
- Dust with cocoa to finish and serve with your favourite berries and cream.