Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Lemon blueberry muffins with a sour-sweet glaze and hint of vanilla. Perfect any time of day. Make sure you try one fresh out of the oven while they√ïre still warm!
1¾ cups self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 scoop Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
¼ cup coconut sugar
Pinch of salt
75g butter, melted
1 cup milk
Zest of 1 lemon
1 punnet blueberries
½ tsp vanilla powder or extract
- Preheat oven to 200¬∞C
- In a large bowl add flour, baking powder, protein, sugar and salt and mix to combine.
- In separate bowl stir melted butter, milk, egg, vanilla and lemon rind until combined.
- In a third bowl add blueberries and stir through 1 tbsp of the dry mixture (this will help the blueberries to distribute evenly throughout the muffins and prevent them from sinking to the bottom)
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together until just combined (do not over mix). ¬†Then add blueberries and very gently fold until blueberries are evenly incorporated, being careful not to burst the berries.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin papers and spray with vegetable oil. ¬†Scoop batter in each cup - an ice-cream scoop is a great tool here and makes perfect sized muffins.
- Bake for 10-15 mins or until golden and toothpick comes out clean.